Monday 28 January 2013

Magazine article designing 4


Using the type tool I chose the Zapfino font and typed 'Vector' to create a logo for it.
I found a vector graphic image online and imported in into Photoshop by saving it onto my desktop and dragging it onto my project. I then started to add text into the boxes that I wanted to use.


The smiley face I created didn't work the way that I wanted it to, so I created a new one with the ellipse tool and gave it a green fill. I used the brush tool with a size setting of 54 to draw the mouth and eyes onto it. I  also started to create a box around the title. I used the rectangle tool to create the squares and I gave one a green fill and one a red fill and then copied them onto new layers. After lining them up into the sequence that I wanted them, I selected the layers that were the same colour,  rasterized them and the merged them so that they were a solid block of alternating coloured squares. After doing this for sections of four, I joined these new sections together and did the same thing. I used the transform rotate tool to rotate the two end blocks so that they were vertical instead of horizontal, lined them up and then merged them to create the box. 


My finished article. For the box around the title, I had to use the transform rotate tool to make it straight instead of at a slant because I couldn't fit all the text in. I moved some of the text into different sections that are different to what I had originally planned, simply because I couldn't make it fit otherwise.

I downloaded some pictures for the Adobe Illustrator and the Photoshop logo and imported them into my project in the same way as I did for the vector graphic image.

I used a gradient fill for the background, I used a light grey gradient on the right side of the article so that it's not just a plain background, but I didn't want to add colour since that would make it look too busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment